Saturday, June 25, 2011

Easy Veggie Miso Soup

 This soup is pretty easy to make. I add tons of veggies to it when I cook it.

Ingredients:
-Broccoli: I put in life half a stalk depending upon how big it is
-Pepper: green, red, or yellow. Usually about half of it.
-Pea pods: 10 or so
-Tofu: extra firm, half a brick
-Rice noodles: quite a bit, make sure they are broken up.
-mushrooms
-green onions
-ginger (non-powdered is always best, but powdered also works)
-garlic
-salt/ pepper
-instant miso packet for flavor enhancement.
-soy sauce

How to Make it:
This soup is ridiculously easy to make. The proportions sort of depend upon how much you want to make.

1. Cut up all the veggies that you want to use and and cube the tofu. If you intend to make a ton of soup, the whole brick can be used. I think I use about 1/3 of it when I make mine. Also chop green onions and a small bit of garlic.

2. I use a medium sized pot to make mine. I fill it slightly over half way full with water and then dump in some soy sauce (not too much, just enough to tint the water and then a bit more after that).

3. Turn on the burner, stick the veggies, garlic, onion, and tofu in the pot.

4. As the mixture cooks, dump in ginger. I usually put in quite a bit and have yet to try ginger that is not in powder form. It adds a really nice flavor to the concoction. I also add a packet of instant miso for flavor enhancement.

5. Once the veggies become soft enough for your tastes and the water is at a bit of a boil, start adding in rice noodles. Once all the noodles are added, shut off the burner, make sure the pot is covered, and then return in about 7 mins. with a bowl and spoon so you can consume your mixture.

6. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment